Blackberry's 100% Ownership of Nieves:
110,000,000 oz Ag — Indicated and inferred
116,000 oz Au — Indicated and inferred
$16M in exploration between 2003 and 2014
11 drilling programs
206 holes in a 5-square-mile area
55 square miles in the center of one of the world’s most prolific silver provinces
Possible open pit mine with potential production of 5M oz silver per year for 11 years
With further drilling, could expand to provide15 to 20 years of silver production
One of the lowest finding costs in the industry at about 12 cents an ounce
Very high quality dumps
60 miles north of the Fresnillo silver district
Mined sporadically for silver since 1676
In a gold and silver bull market, owning a piece of a world-class silver and gold deposit could make more sense than owning silver and gold bullion. Certainly, the leverage is much greater with Nieves’ large discovered resource — 110,000,000 ounces of silver and 116,000 ounces of gold discovered. It has been assessed and reported pursuant to the NI 43-101 Resource Estimate and a preliminary economic feasibility study. Based on all findings and with only 6% of the approximate 200 kilometers of mineralized veins tested with a drill bit, it currently has an estimated fair value exceeding $100,000,000.
This limited testing of the known mineralized vein systems has been on the far eastern portion of the vast Nieves Silver Property using…
• A systematic program of high level geological and geophysical surveys.
• 11 drilling programs with a total of 208 core holes — 62,500 meters drilled.
for an estimated $20,000,000.
Our highly-respected exploration team is of the opinion that we could be on the eastern end of a plus-billion ounce silver district. There is a lot of support for this statement. Success is about scale, location, and experience.
The first mining at Nieves was in 1560 by Spanish explorers. The Property has been mined for silver and gold nearly continuously since. A total of 13 legacy silver and gold mines have been found on the Nieves Silver Property. A third party assessment of the legacy ore dumps adjacent to the abandoned mine shafts has opined that these ore dumps…
• Contain bonanza grade silver ore.
• Are perhaps the richest dumps in Mexico.
• Are a valuable asset.
Nieves is a vast silver property encompassing 55 square miles — 35,200 acres; 14,245 hectares — of contiguous federal mining claims.
• Located in the #1 silver producing country in the world, Mexico
• Within the #1 silver-producing region in the world, the
Faja de Plata.
• Surrounded by 18 silver districts — many of them world-class — with silver resources approaching or exceeding one billion ounces.
• Located between Fresnillo, the world’s #1 silver producer and an analogous silver deposit to Nieves, and Penasquito, the world's largest silver reserve and #2 gold producer. Penasquito is also Nieves’ sister property.
Our exploration team is credited with acquiring, exploring, assessing, delineating, and managing the sale of Penasquito to Glamis Gold for stock in a transaction valued at $1.2 billion. Eight months later, Penasquito was acquired by Goldcorp for stock in a transaction that valued Penasquito at $1.8 billion. Goldcorp, in turn, was acquired by Newmont in January 2019 for stock in a transaction that valued Penasquito at $4.6 billion.
Following a pattern of past exploration and corresponding economic successes, Blackberry management plans to…
• Exploit the property by exploring, delineating, assessing 100s of millions of ounces of silver.
• Taking the property to economic feasibility without mining it.
• Selling it within the next three years to a major mining group — perhaps one of our current Faja de Plata neighbors — for stock and/or cash.
Blackberry Ventures I, LLC
In 2003, Blackberry Ventures I, LLC was organized under the laws of the State of New York by a group of Western Silver shareholders for the purpose of acquiring, exploring, finding, delineating, assessing, and exploiting the vast Nieves Property (“Nieves Silver Property”, “Nieves” or “Property”).